On 24 Feb 2018, at 17:03, Filip Stokkeland wrote:

Rules was the first I checked. :) But I couldn't find a way to make the action part of rules mark message as read. (I see _move, copy, delete, redirect, export, set/remove tag, play sound_ and _run command_. Unless I can install a bundle to get a "mark as read" or "mute" command, I don't see how I mark matching messages as read.)

Maybe the action „Set Tag“ to „Seen (Read)“ is what you are looking for. The status „read“ is nothing different as the IMAP keyword „seen“ and MM call this a Tag because the tag system in MM is based on IMAP keywords, as far as I understand.

--T.