No, I don't think that's currently possible. And I guess it's kind of a bug. These mailboxes should only be synchronized if client->server changes exist or the mailboxes are selected. I cannot quite recall why it doesn't work like this -- if there is a reason. I'll note to think about this.

Thanks Benny. I thought this was odd.

I've just moved from Mac Mail which monitored every label/folder and meant I was permanently throttled. This worked but meant every IMAP call was slow.

MM is very close to fixing that issue for me. But when I am throttled the impact is more significant due the lengthy back off.

If there's anything you don't need then you always have the option of unsubscribing them in the IMAP account editor.

Good point, thanks.