I asked for this some time ago. Put this in terminal. Works like a charm!

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMaximumMessagesDisplayed -integer 1

On 24 Oct 2018, at 12:52, Michael Hucka wrote:

I use the "widescreen" layout in MailMate. When I select a single message in the message list, the message view pane displays the message header and body. However, when I select multiple messages in the message list pane, MailMate displays the bodies of multiple messages. This wouldn't be a problem except that if select a whole bunch of messages, MailMate still does that, and becomes sluggish and even hangs for a time [1], probably because it's working hard at formatting the different messages bodies.

Is there a setting that would let me prevent this behavior, i.e., make it so that if more than one message is selected, it won't attempt to display multiple bodies?

[1] On a 4-core, 4.2 Ghz iMac 2017 with 32 GB RAM, so not for lack of computing resources.

Best regards,
MH
--
Mike Hucka, Ph.D. -- mhu...@caltech.edu -- http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~mhucka Dept. of Computing + Mathematical Sciences, California Institute of Technology