A surprising number of menu items change when you press the option and/or control key: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/hidden-macos-features-option-key/

On 9 Jan 2019, at 15:29, John Cooper wrote:

Robert Brenstein wrote (at 6:55 on 9 Jan 2019):

Cancel Send will change to Send Now if you press the control key.

Wow. In over 28 years of using Apple computers, this is the first time I've seen a menu item change in response to the control key. To say this isn't particularly discoverable is to put it very mildly.

In my opinion the Edit as New Message command should be ⌃⇧⌘D so that Cancel Send toggles to Send Now by pressing the option key, just as Delete toggles to Delete Now by pressing the option key. The use of the option key to toggle to command variations is common.