On 28 Jan 2019, at 14:36, Alexandru Nedelcu wrote:

> The issue seems to at least partly be caused by at least 1 user using the DMARC `reject` option. All users on email servers which respect this option (Gmail, iCloud, ...) are going to bounce emails from such a user. These bounces are going to add up on my server (there's a MailMan score system for this) and when it reaches a certain limit they are “unsubscribed” (they are actually only disabled at first).

Speaking for myself, I am (was) such a user with a `reject` policy specified in DMARC.

I would appreciate if you reconfigured the mailing list to be compliant with such a policy.

It's on my list. “Compliant” is probably a strong word. It's probably going to be more like a “workaround”. The solution is likely to be what I believe is called From munging. Luckily, I control the email client used by most users of this list which means that this might also be an opportunity to improve MailMate behavior when faced with munged From headers :)

In the meantime I have configured a subdomain with relaxed SPF/DMARC rules and resubscribed with an email address that shouldn't cause any more problems.

Thanks! At least you'll know that all list members will get your emails now.