I’ve asked this question before but I don’t think I got a definitive answer so I thought I’d try again. I really like using Dark Theme in Mojave, and I like how it looks in MailMate too. But I consistently get messages that have (1) white background with dark text (which is fine); (2) dark background with white text (also fine); (3) dark background with either black or dark grey text (which is unreadable).

My understanding is that this is probably dependent on how the messages were sent. But is there anything I can do on my end to force messages to be either #1 or #2? That is, force them to NOT appear as dark background with black or grey text?

Thanks!

--
Sherman