Is there an option to convert tabs into spaces when composing mail?

--Randall

On 1 May 2019, at 0:12, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 5 Apr 2019, at 22:00, Greg Earle wrote:

MailMate seems to default to tab stops being set to 4. I'm old and like 8.

Yes, MailMate has always been hardcoded to 4 and it's a bit of a hack. It doesn't even work if changing font size and/or font. Surprisingly, I don't think anyone has ever commented on this.

Any way to change it? I did a "defaults read" and looked through the output but didn't see anything. Also looked in ~/Library/Application\ Support/MailMate/*.plist. Nada.

The latest test release supports this:

        defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmComposerTabSize -integer 8

I've also fixed some bugs including that the tab size of 4 didn't even work correctly if changing the font and/or the font size. (There's still an issue just after changing font. You need to open a new composer window for the tab setting to work properly.)

On a completely different note, is there any way to turn off message previewing for multiple selected messages?

You can change the maximum number like this:

defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmMaximumMessagesDisplayed -integer 1