On 29 Jul 2019, at 16:44, Alexandru Nedelcu wrote:

I receive notifications from GitHub on my email and when the first message of a thread is missing (like when I'm the one opening some issue), then Mailmate does not group the messages in that thread.

MailMate uses very strict threading showing only parent-child relationships. In this case the parent (of all messages) is missing and MailMate currently has no way to show siblings without a parent.

[...]
Anything that can be done to make the conversation grouping more aggressive?

No, this requires that I make (major) changes to MailMate. It has probably been on the todo since day 1 of MailMate and although I did make some progress on this issue some time ago I've had to postpone it. In other words, don't expect it soon.