On 23 Dec 2019, at 10:55, Robert Brenstein wrote:

The real inbox is not smart. It is a proper IMAP mailbox. Create a smart mailbox called for example INCOMING and set to to inbox sans exclusion folders. Move inbox down the list out of way and use Incoming instead.

Ugh! That would mean, for one account at least, three "in" folders because I already have two Inboxes (due to nesting, I think).

I guess I'll have to set up some kind of rule/view combination so that my other MUAs can benefit from some filtering. And I'll then have to work on convincing Benny of the advantages of the approach in Opera Mail! ;-)

Happy holidays!

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark