On 8 Aug 2020, at 5:04, Topher Buck wrote:

Benny et al.,

Are the recommendations found on https://blog.freron.com/2013/alternative-email-providers/ (now nearly seven years old) still valid?

LuxSci looks good, but it’s too expensive for me. If I were looking for email for a business, I might be able to justify the cost—but not for personal email. Based on your recommendation, I have used Cotse for the past few years, and I have been very happy with the service; the one drawback is that Cotse does not support IMAP keywords (labels, tags), and, increasingly, I would like to use labels to organize messages (some with multiple labels), rather than moving messages to folders. For that reason, I’m considering trying another service provider (e.g., Fastmail, Protonmail, Runbox).

I am using mailbox.org, a German provider that has privacy in mind.
If you do not have your own domain, you could also look at posteo.org which is also a German provider to whom privacy is very important.

Best,

Niels