Christian Bailey via mailmate 2021-01-25 3:31 wrote:

1) Which is better for importing via MM - eml or mbox? Like Bill, I also just purchased Emailchemy to covert the pst files. It offers both mbox and eml as options. I presume mbox is better if I want to import everything?

MailMate does support both. The box format only creates a file per folder so for a complete export/import it most likely the better choice.

2) I might end up with duplicates. Or does MM automatically no import duplicates? Any recommendations on de-duplication?

You have the "Edit -> Select Duplicates" command but I have never made use of it.

3) When I connected my Office 365 account, there were hundred of error messages as MM tried to download the Contacts, Calendar, Notes, and Tasks folders. I presume these should be unsubscribed?

Yes, MailMate only does IMAP.

4) Just want to confirm: does MM get its address book from MacOS?

Yes.

5) Is there a way to open a message in a
separate window?

Select a message and go to "File -> Open Message".

As other has mention hitting "return" also work.

I have mapped it to "O" in my custom keybindings.

Custom keybindings and smart folders are the killer feature of MailMate in my opinion.

Fredrik