Understood and agreed…but if one wishes to use an SMTP server that is not cfg’d to the SENDer account, then the hidden prefs feature is required…

- - -

On 25 Jul 2021, at 12:37, Bill Cole wrote:

On 2021-07-25 at 01:31:23 UTC-0400 (Sun, 25 Jul 2021 05:31:23 +0000)
Antonio Leding <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

Correct - but I presumed he meant the SMTP server - if not, then I’m wondering if he might have been referring to how the SMTP server will be selected based on the From account…

Without the experimental hidden preference that gives an independent SMTP menu, I have the pull-down shown in the attached images. It is automatically set based on context but if pulled down I can select any of the explicitly configured addresses for any account, or use the "Customize..." option to use any address I like, which MM will match to an account using their "Address Pattern" settings. Because each IMAP account has its own SMTP server setting, setting the From address determines the SMTP server.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire