On 23 Jul 2021, at 2:02, Christian Bailey via mailmate wrote:

Bill, thank you, very helpful to learn that these field names are not “defined” by MailMate but rather whatever is used in the header.

There's also the `specifiers.plist` file in the MailMate application bundle. This kind of describes the available parsers for sub-parts of header values, e.g., `from.address`. It's also possible to create custom specifiers, but this is a pretty low-level “feature”.

(Most of the specifiers are handled by regular expressions, but some have built-in parsers in MailMate for performance and robustness reasons -- a lot of bugs in some types of headers need to be handled.)

So I tested with the default ${#source.#name}/${#source.path} and attachments still save in the “Default Downloads Folder”, not a Sub folder.

Can anyone else reproduce? Is this a bug?

I'll note to check that this still works. A lot of code has been rewritten in the past year including code related to saving attachments.