On 2021-11-18 23:32:19 (+0800), John Cooper wrote:
MailMate Preferences' View pane lets you choose between the following themes for plain text emails:

- Standard
- Simple
- Classic
- Apple Mail

With a plain text email message selected in my Inbox, I've cycled through the first three, restarting MailMate each time. But I don't see a difference in the message.

Does anyone know how these work?

If you look at a message with quoted replies, you'll see subtle differences in how the quoted text is shown. Different colours for different levels of quoting, a vertical bar down the margin,...

I think this also affects the styling applied to outgoing HTML emails, if you send those.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer