Mike,

It was just a comment. I am VERY happy with SpamSieve. It does exactly what I want locally without further cost, extra work, expense or added accounts. And I can easily re-define my admittedly broad definition anytime I want, across all accounts or differently across each, the way it’s set up for me.

SpamSieve is script-based. It also keeps great stats on how it’s doing filter-wise.

As to my previous example, many subscriptions that I previously had subscribed to do have an option to “opt out” of receiving further email. However, in my experience it doesn’t work (on purpose?) or it resubscribes in a short time to something else, hence the more apt term for that is junk mail.

The other nice thing about having the spam/junk/unwanted mail filtering locally on a separate desktop server-like environment is that my laptop/desktop main machine (MBP 18,3) is unencumbered by mail filtering especially when away from home/office or otherwise disconnected from the internet.

Respectfully,

Henry Seiden
- -
Techworks Pro Co.