On 10 May 2024, at 18:16, Edwards Christopher wrote:

I replied to Edwards some time ago in a private email, but I forgot that the
question had also been posted to the mailing list. For the record, here is the
question and my reply:

> One feature other clients have (including Apple Mail) is the ability to
> preview several lines of the email before opening it.  Is this available in
> MailMate?

No, at least not yet. This is somewhat related to MailMate not supporting a
multi-line single column way of displaying messages in the message list. I have
actually done a lot of work on that and it's part of test releases of MailMate,
but this does not yet include a short preview of the message text.

In other words, there's hope (but no promises).