On 10 Jun 2024, at 23:26, Tariq Magdon-Ismail wrote:

I have a VIP smart mailbox with the rule:
From >> Contact >> Group contains iCloud>VIP

It seems to still work for me. Try launching from a Terminal window to see if there are any relevant error messages:

        /Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate

You can write me via “Help > Send Feedback” with any error output you would like me to review.

And double-check that MailMate is permitted to access Contacts in System Settings (Privacy & Security > Contacts).