On 20 Jun 2024, at 4:55, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

On 20 Jun 2024, at 0:45, Randall Gellens wrote:

I would find it extremely helpful to be able to have a custom column in a mailbox view. In my case, I really want to be able to see the Received->For value, as it's quite useful in my case for rapidly identifying spam and updating filters. I now have to go to View->Raw on an individual message to see it. There may be other header fields that others would find useful.

Create this file (and path):

~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Resources/MmMessageListView/outlineColumns.plist

The following should be its contents (if you don't already have other custom columns). It looks complicated, but that's just because I based it on the From column which supports double-click search and some menu items for searching.

A quick test shows that it would be nice if duplicates were removed, but that's not currently possible.

```
{
    columns =
    {
        receivedFor =
        {
                title = "Received For";
                sortKey = "received.for";
                formatting =
                {
                        formatString = "${received.for}";
                        placeholderString = "(Not found)";
                        doubleClick =
                        {
                                titleImage = "NSUser";
                                titleSymbol = "person.fill";
titleFormatting = { prefixString = "From "; formatString = "“${received.for}”"; separator = " or "; }; queryFormatting = { formatString = "received.for = '${received.for}'"; separator = " or "; escapeSingleQuotes = 1; };
                        };
                };
                relatedSearches =
                (
                        {
                                titleImage = "NSUser";
                                titleSymbol = "person.fill";
titleFormatting = { formatString = "From “${received.for}”"; separator = " or "; }; queryFormatting = { formatString = "from.address = '${received.for}'"; separator = " or "; escapeSingleQuotes = 1; };
                        },
                        {
                                titleImage = "NSUser";
                                titleSymbol = "person.fill";
titleFormatting = { formatString = "From or To “${received.for}”"; separator = " or "; }; queryFormatting = { formatString = "#any-address.address = '${received.for}'"; separator = " or "; escapeSingleQuotes = 1; };
                        },
                );
        };
    };
}

Thank you. I created the path and file, quite and relaunched MailMate, but I don't have any new columns available in the View->Columns menu. I reran MM with console enabled. There are no messages with "column"; there are three messages with "outline", all:

Warning: Unexpectedly had to return empty selected set (mainOutline)

I'm running MailMate version 1.14 (6030).

--Randall