On 17 Jul 2024, at 14:04, Eric Sharakan via mailmate wrote:

Hi Benny and others, for quite a few test releases now, I've noticed two minor issues with how the Mailboxes and message header pane views are managed (I use the "Thread Arcs" layout):

- When starting MM, it remembers the selected mailbox from the last run (which is fine), but it puts that mailbox at the top of the mailbox pane, hiding any mailboxes above it. Previously, it would restore not only the selected mailbox, but the overall position of it in the Mailbox pane.

- When reading email, when the selected message in the header pane gets to the bottom of the pane, MM used to automatically move that to the center of the pane, allowing me to see a few of the newer messages (I sort on Date Received, such that newer messages are below older ones). This has not been working for some time.

Are these known issues?

Yes, I've noticed both. Unintended side-effects of changing/fixing other things.

Is there some way to restore the previous behavior?

No, you'll have to wait for me to fix them.