On 2024-09-26 at 17:13:46 UTC-0400 (Thu, 26 Sep 2024 14:13:46 -0700)
Randall Gellens <mailmate@lists.freron.com>
is rumored to have said:

On 26 Sep 2024, at 8:09, Bill Cole wrote:

MailMate itself does not score messages. The scores it can detect are those determined either by SpamSieve locally or by your email provider's spam filters. Without knowing which is relevant in your case, it isn't possible to say how to adjust it. So if you have installed SpamSieve, consult its documentation for how to adjust its scoring. If you haven't installed SpamSieve, the score is being added by your mailbox provider and you should ask them what adjustments are available.

How does an email provider mark their spam score? Is there a header field that they use that MailMate recognizes?

Yes. I believe MM recognizes various headers generated by different tools. I believe X-Spam-Score and X-Spam-Status (both optionally added by SpamAssassin) are both recognized, and possibly the X-less equivalents

--
Bill Cole
(AKA @grumpybozo@toad.social and many *@billmail.scconsult.com addresses)