Matthew,

I would suggest talking to the folks at Agari and Dmarcian (both are linked
from dmarc.org/resources). I intentionally kept the presentation away from
endorsing any particular vendors - partly because they change over time and
partly because I think that's the right thing to do at a general tech
conference.

The advice that others have provided about the risks of asserting any
policy more rigorous than p=none for the entirety of an EDU domain is well
founded. If you have particular email streams which require higher levels
of protection, such as financial statements or account/personal
information, then the best practice is to send those from a subdomain which
has the higher policy bar (quarantine or reject). As suggested, no personal
mail should be part of that stream and you may have to deal with a
recipient base (students) who are somewhat more likely to make use of email
forwarding, hence falling into one of the higher risk groups for DMARC
failures.

--Kurt