I'd recommend that rather than forward messages to Google that you have
those Google accounts POP the messages from smokva.net.

Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: mailop [mailto:mailop-boun...@mailop.org] On Behalf Of Petar
Bogdanovic
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:44 AM
To: mailop@mailop.org
Subject: [mailop] crippling gmail rate limit

Hi,

On the 6. of december, all google MTAs started rate limiting deliveries
from our MTA (dig mx smokva.net) to gmail- and gapps for work users:

    Our system has detected an unusual rate of unsolicited mail
    originating from your IP address. To protect our users from spam,
    mail sent from your IP address has been temporarily rate limited.
    Please visit https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126 to review
    our Bulk Email Senders Guidelines.

The sending domain in question hosts a handful of users, most of them
forwarding all their messages to gmail.  During the past 7 days, this
domain has successfully delivered 45 messages to google MTAs.

Based on the envelope sender addresses it is very likely that the vast
mojority these messages were ham.

I contacted google through their on-line form but am not holding my
breath.  The queue is still growing and the first queued messages are
approaching max. queue lifetime (5d).

Any ideas are welcome.

A few technical details:  The sending MTA, when forwarding, used to
rewrite envelope senders (because that's what seemed reasonable in an
SPF world) but I have disabled that practice based on google's own
recommendations.  Outgoing messages are not DKIM signed, the MTA's IP
is listed in dnswl (which is a whitelist) and absent in any public
blacklist.

Thanks,

                Petar Bogdanovic