>While all of that is true, IF his claims were true (an idea could
>magically detect any spam trying to sell you something) would you walk
>away from a magic pill that completely and perfectly identified one
>particular type of spam and didn't hit any ham?

Yeah, because the next day the spammers would figure out how to
circumvent it.

>modified bayes approach (with the twist of taking word pairs or triplets
>into account) and I doubt it will be a real game changer, although it
>may result in some new ways to tune bayes to increase effectiveness.

There's nothing new about looking at multiple words.  Check out my
Twitter feed at https://twitter.com/svictest which estimates
probablilites of four-word phrases in a bunch of RSS feeds I follow
and uses them to come up with, ah, oracular statements.

R's,
John