On 2016-02-23 05:52, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
this may be slightly off-topic, but I wonder whether there's anyone on this
list who has some suggestion re. the following 'problem'.

One of my customers is using a mail client (Outlook) with a number of profiles
to access a number of IMAP (test) accounts. He has to 'clone' these profiles
with all settings to other laptops on a regular basis, but has no Admin rights
so he can't fiddle with the registry settings.

Why can't he fiddle with registry settings?

Admin rights are not needed to edit the registry, this is the whole point of HKEY_CURRENT_USER (and obviously if the user doesn't have access to the right parts of the registry, neither will Outlook have the ability to create or modify anything)

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/