On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 10:16 PM, <frnk...@iname.com
<https://bb.bixel.io/v1/track/click/5b03ad2e-fba5-0317-3bbe-4f961d5f5cc0/gm%3A1458918759684/mailop%40mailop.org/?mailto%3Afrnkblk%40iname.com=>
> wrote:

> Thanks for sharing.
>

> Now that you know about the problem, was there anything else you could
> have done that would identified the issue, and that can you can share with
> the group?
>

> Frank

So far, I've found 2 things that I could have done (and am implementing
today) to identify this issue:

   - Watch for large volume increases coming from accounts. This account
   had a 5x increase.
   - Watch for accounts cycling through lists. We hadn't built this before
   because it's a time consuming process for a user to remove and then
   re-upload a list and the lists are small. This user was cycling through
   many lists of 800 recipients.

I can see why our existing systems didn't catch this one though -- open
rates were good (20-36%), complaints weren't too high (.1% - .19%), bounces
were minimal, domain distribution was normal with a large portion of it on
domains with feedbackloops.