On 07/06/16 22:09, Robert Guthrie wrote:
We've been having issues for months now, with google delaying our
emails. The spikes in delivery times are causing serious problems for
our users.

Every aspect of the SMTP (smtp.loomio.org <http://smtp.loomio.org>) is
setup correctly, I thought after a while the IP would "warm up" but we
still get delivery time spikes and it's preventing me from being able to
work on anything else.

I'm left wondering if moving from Digital Ocean to a more reputable host
will help my situation.

Can someone recommend a VPS host that would have IP addresses that have
a good reputation with Google systems?

It seems you are using gmail to host your emails, but are sending through a non google SMTP, so they might indeed get suspicious.
Also, I would suggest you to set up dmarc records for your domain.