Hi,

>> Not sure yet whether my testhost has ended up on a whitelist or
>> Google has reverted the behaviour.
>
> There was a report earlier that Google was experiencing
> authentication problems on the inbound and a lot of mail was failing.
> I’m guessing what you saw was related to that and it’s been fixed
> now.

I guess you're talking about this one

https://www.google.com/appsstatus#hl=en&v=issue&sid=1&iid=0f5b953ffaa833f29d02c532e2faf79b

Time    Description
6/9/16, 9:45 PM
The problem with Gmail should be resolved. We apologize for the
inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support.
Please rest assured that system reliability is a top priority at Google,
and we are making continuous improvements to make our systems better.
We have confirmed that this issue only affected messages sent to
consumer Gmail accounts, and that messages sent to Google Apps accounts
were not rejected.

6/9/16, 8:46 PM
We are continuing to investigate this issue. We will provide an update
by 6/9/16, 9:46 PM detailing when we expect to resolve the problem.
Some messages sent to consumer Gmail accounts are being rejected due to
authentication enforcement

6/9/16, 7:56 PM
We're investigating reports of an issue with Gmail. We will provide more
information shortly.

--
Bernhard Schmidt                      Netzbetrieb / IPv6 / DNSSEC
Leibniz-Rechenzentrum               Leibniz Supercomputing Centre