> International law?  There's no international spam law.  I know people
> who spend full time trying to piece together spam cases using whatever
> law applies in whatever places bits of the spamming happens.
>
> As others have noted, US companies are not subject to Swiss law, just
> as Swiss companies are not subject to US law.

Of course there isn't *universal* law - by "international" law I meant "not US"
law.

Anne

Anne P. Mitchell,
Attorney at Law
CEO/President, Institute for Social Internet Public Policy
Member, Cal. Bar Cyberspace Law Committee
Member, Colorado Cyber Committee
Member, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop Committee
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Ret. Professor of Law, Lincoln Law School of San Jose
Ret. Chair, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop