Hi, Terry,

On 24-06-16 09:14, Terry Barnum wrote:
I've been checking our newly configured DMARC status on the (excellent) dmarcian.com <http://dmarcian.com> site. We're being joe jobbed every 2 weeks so I'm hoping DMARC severely cuts into that spammer's delivery success. I still hate getting all the undeliverable bounce notices though.

I'm curious if someone can explain why a few sites have a "local_policy" that overrides our DMARC settings. The reporting Providers for these are 126.com and 163.com. It's only 8 messages or so in the last 4 days so not a huge deal but I'm curious.

[...]

because DMARC still is only an advise on what to do with mail that doesn't pass a DMARC check. At the end of the day, it is still the 'receiver' that decides what to do with mail that doesn't pass DMARC verification (but may still be legitimate, solicited mail). You may want to have a look at https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dmarc-interoperability/ to see why...

/rolf