From: Kirk MacDonald<mailto:kirk.macdon...@corp.eastlink.ca>
Sent: ‎6/‎30/‎2016 8:11 AM
To: mailop@mailop.org<mailto:mailop@mailop.org>
Subject: [mailop] Failures to .mail.protection.outlook.com

Wondering if others are seeing mail queue up within the last hour to domains
hosted at protection.outlook.com… or if it’s just me? The most frequent
behaviour is an immediate hangup during ehlo.

Also seeing a small number of successful deliveries and 4xx resposes:

4.3.2 The maximum number of concurrent server connections has exceeded a
per-source limit, closing transmission channel (BL2FFO11FD020.protection.gbl)

That’s suggests that there are some systems behind the MX that are answering
and are probably getting stressed.

Our IPs in SNDS are “green”, but I am not always clear about where
Outlook/Live/Hotmail stops and protection.outlook.com begins.

Kirk MacDonald
System Administrator
Internet
Eastlink