>If there were a protocol that said "if you receive mail signed by this domain
>/ this key and the recipient isn't in
>the To: or Cc: field, block it", or some similar protocol that signed the
>envelope recipient, that would pretty much
>eliminate DKIM replay as a threat in some cases.

It would, but it would also break innocent single message forwarding
and cause yet more grief for mailing lists.

A remarkable number of the addresses I manage for my church, local
town government, and so forth are just forwards to Gmail or the local
telco and cable ISPs.  You could certainly add workarounds, and in the
case of Gmail most of them have set up their Gmail accounts to send
mail with the forwarded address so Gmail knows what forwards to
expect, but it still adds complexity and fragility.

It's not clear that replay attacks are common enough to be worth extra
mechanism in potentially every message.

R's,
John