On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 15:57:24 -0400, Mitchell Kuch said:

> inbox. Gmail discards what it considers to be duplicate messages. I
> find this to be a frustrating behavior.

And most of the time, that's not too bad - if somebody cross-posts to two
lists that you're on, you'll get only one copy.  And that's OK, because almost
nobody does mail filtering of such things into separate folders (or more
correctly, there's usually no sane way to do so, because whatever rule you
set in .procmailrc or whatever, *both* copies will end up going the same path).

The *annoying* part is that if you post via Google, it records the Message-ID:
that it assigns to you *outbound* post, and then filters out *all* inbound
copies with that ID.  This means that you don't get to see your own post.

The best workaround I've found so far is to have your MUA do message
submission to a non-Google mail server.  Whether you can find one that
will accept mail with your From: is a different matter (for me, $DAYJOB
runs a suitable service locally).