On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 16:58:35 +0100, Hetzner Blacklist Support said:

> our customers who use them on their own dedicated servers. They're the
> ones having issues, since Microsoft has blacklisted large parts of our
> network.

That should be your big hint that you have a customer problem. (The other
possibility is that Microsoft actually screwed up, but when you're talking
huge chunks of address space, it's more likely quite intentional on their
part and done for good reason)

> In this case, I'm talking about hundreds of thousands of IPs from our
> network being blacklisted by Microsoft.

At some point, people get fed up with blacklisting individual IP addresses
and start blocking /24s and working up to /16s.  Especially if the number of
*legitimate* e-mails from the /24 or /16 is far less than the number of spam
e-mails. Hopefully, at some point the collateral damage makes the owner of
the address space finally take action (remember - it's causing Microsoft a
lot less pain than it is causing your legitimate customers)

If in fact you have hundreds of thousands of blocked IPs, that means you've
managed to get multiple /16s (or larger) blocked.  That takes some doing. And
at that point, you should probably be checking where *else* you've been
blacklisted - I highly doubt that Microsoft has been the only one your
customers have been spamming.

Step 0 is going to be figuring out what's *really* going on with your customers.