I have become aware that the Google blocked senders list is only
applied to the From: address, and that we cannot use it to block an
envelope sender address.  Is it just me who finds this surprising
(especially given its name)?  Why not check both?  It seems illogical
to accept a message from an envelope sender address which is in the
list.  Am I wrong in thinking that in the case of spam the From:
address is more variable than the envelope sender?  There will be
cases where we want to block an envelope sender address but unable to
block the (different) From: address because it is used by legitimate
mail.

--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services