Michelle Sullivan wrote:
Vick Khera wrote:

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM, Michelle Sullivan <miche...@sorbs.net <mailto:miche...@sorbs.net>> wrote:

    So taking your blatant attack literally which I was under the
    impression was against list policy, lets instead attempt to be
    constructive and have a clam discussion...  "SORBS does not seem
    interested in solving problems, but in punishing people." quite
    the opposite is in fact true, but often is could be seen this way,
    what would *YOU* suggest we do instead, and what do *YOU* perceive
    as "not interested in solving problems" and what do *YOU* perceive
    as "punishment"... and I will answer why we can/cannot implement
    such policies/changes... you never know we might come up with
    changes that work better for everyone, though having been around
    this very attack many times in the past, I'll be upfront and
    honest... I highly doubt it.

So if you're goal is to solve problems, then what's the point of having a minimum 48 hour block when the problem is solved at the origin within minutes? That's just punitive and not constructive.

It was chosen as a balanced figure, the balance between stopping a spammer and allowing an innocent to delist, not to mention stopping a clueless/homeuser/enduser from delisting an ISP's mail server before the admins find the issue and resolve it. Bare in mind, those with "ISP login" (NetManager Access and the appropriate permissions) can delist regardless of the 48 hours, those without the login cannot and have to rely on the robot if not using the IP specifically as the robot will also adhere to the 48 hours.

Therefore, I'm not even going to discuss the issue of 'problem solved within minutes' issue at this point as you will note the above covers where this is likely to be true, as apposed to those (who we get on a regular basis) who claim to have 'fixed the issue' whilst we are noting spam still emanating from the host(s)... (don't know if they just cluelessly fail to flush the queued spam to /dev/null or whether they are just saying anything to get delisted - I suspect both in many cases.)

Next!?

Still waiting Vick...  What else needs to be solved?

Michelle