> On May 26, 2017, at 8:00 AM, Carl Byington <c...@five-ten-sg.com> wrote:

> Using sendmail with opendkim for signing mostly works, but I have a few
> domains with dmarc p=reject, and looking at the aggregate reports, I am
> seeing some dkim=fail, spf=pass on a small amount of mail going to
> google, comcast, etc. The aggregate reports show that mail is signed
> with the right selector (default._domainkey.lynchexhibits.com).
>
> lynchexhibits.com mail leaving ns27.routerdog2.com.
>
> I have been unable to reproduce this by sending test messages to my
> google test account. It may not be specific to sendmail/opendkim, since
> I also see the same infrequent errors with another domain:
>
> mbmg-media.com mail leaving *.outbound.protection.outlook.com.
>
> Of course, that mail was never touched by sendmail/opendkim.
>
> Any ideas for debugging this?

Check for common factors in the content. A common-ish cause of DKIM
failures is messages which are badly-formed - not necessarily spec-violating,
but unusual in structure, encoding, line length and so on. Also check for common
delivery paths - if it's being forwarded through, say, anything in outlook.com
that's
another sign.

You'll likely need more than aggregate reports to diagnose fully.

Cheers,
  Steve