Thanks for the replies,

@Michael> I've seen such behavior on 5.63.28.29 or 5.63.27.210 for instance
(two distinct cases). We already opened a ticket for one of these when
traffic was deferred but I'll follow your suggestion and open a new one for
this specific question!

> They mean nothing.
WELL. I would be a bit disappointed if it was the case, as any misleading
piece of information made officially available (and that's the case as long
as SNDS is available or the explanation of colors is there
https://postmaster.live.com/snds/FAQ.aspx#DataProvided ) would result in
wasted time and resources (which is the opposite of the "Reduction of
support costs" benefits listed in this same page).
Fortunately I don't believe it means nothing, as it's still a pretty good
indicator for warming up cold IPs. Hence my initial question!

> SmartScreen is about content not IP reputation (even though you should
ignore it).
That's also part of the question; on the same page as provided above, it
says
> Please keep in mind that this result doesn't directly represent
deliveries to users' inboxes or "Junk e-mail" folders.  Settings controlled
by each user might rescue some legitimate traffic from being put in the
"Junk e-mail" folder, or conversely, might treat other messages more
harshly.  It doesn't take into account messages that might have been caught
but weren't because they were on a user's safelist, for example.
Which I understand well. However SNDS's colors (sorry, "Filter result") are
not _just_  about the IP reputation, but about inbox placement (so after
SmartScreen and other content checks, SCL, PCL ?), or at least the FAQ of
SNDS doesn't say it's just about IP reputation.
My point is that since the headers changed (since ForeFront took a
prominent part of the process), _maybe_ the "filter results" shown by SNDS
don't reflect all the new filters' results.

> If you’re seeing mixed results, look at your recipient pool and start
making some decisions about who you can stop mailing for a little while.
I advocate, every single day, to put in place exclusion policies (with
re-activation cycles & co). When it's missing it's clearly the easiest and
first thing to do. But Gmail is also very ticklish about inactives, so when
Gmail's open rates are twice bigger than Hotmail's with the same target,
I'm not sure this would solve the issue. However if I can have cases
showing it's the case, that would give me a silver bullet for all our
clients with second thoughts about excluding inactives!

Cheers,

--
<https://www.splio.com>
Benjamin