The one I was testing was the new MX for hotmail.com
(hotmail-com.olc.protection.outlook.com:25), which only has the
following hotmail.com branded SANs:

X509v3 Subject Alternative Name:
    DNS:*.hotmail.com, DNS:*.pamx1.hotmail.com, DNS:mx.in.hotmail.com

So it appears there are different certificates/systems in play for
.fr, .co.uk and .com.

Cheers,

Christian