On 27 Sep 2017, at 15:33, Rolf E. Sonneveld wrote:
is there anyone working in a larger/'more demanding' environment, using NFS for his/her message store, where there is a business requirement of High Availability? If so, what commercial or open source storage solution is used? I have a similar requirement for a project and am looking for suggestions/options for what storage to use.

My last large deployment used NetApp NFS storage together with a custom mailbox format based on Maildir++. Nowadays with NFSv4 and Maildir++ you should be fine. My setup handled ~7 million accounts.

Ping me if you want further info.

Best regards

-lem