On 1 Nov 2017, at 9:28 (-0400), Alexander Burch wrote:

What is the general opinion of the Certified Senders Alliance?

Never heard of them before today... They appear to be mostly oriented to the German and Deutschophone European markets.

(Note that I've run mail systems for German entities' subsidiaries in the US as well as for a Swiss email hosting operation.)

Does anyone
find it impactful for delivery?

As someone who has worked predominantly on the receiving side and on anti-spam tools, including work for receivers in their region of focus, the fact that I've never heard of them before may be an indicative data point. It may also be worth noting that I'm a pretty hardline anti-spammer, my boss in CH was even less forgiving to a degree that caused false positives, and yet we never had anyone ask us to participate in CSA or point to them as evidence of good intention.

They offered to let us join without any
vetting, just sent us a bill for $___ without any questions. If there is no vetting process I have a hard time seeing how it would validate any sender
as trustworthy.

Having looked at their site, it appears that senders self-certify by asserting that they follow the CSA rules. So yes: CSA is certifying that senders' checks clear when paying for a positive reputation.

With that said, they DO solicit complaints all over their site, so it is certainly possible that they follow the model that has dominated the purchased reputation industry forever: trust until shown refuting evidence.

--
Bill Cole
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole