Hi Michael,

I recently wrote:
> My question would be: If Microsoft does not want all complaining
recipients removed / listwashed, which I can understand, why not provide
anonymous feedback on bad senders? Provide similar info like Google is
providing (with the Feedback-ID or sender domain). Why then provide FBL at
all?

My current remark would be that it is beneficial for us to have a decent
example set of people who complain. It makes it easier to confront the
customer and locate the source of problems. I think 1:5 to 1:20 should be
sufficient for that purpose (depending on the volume of that sender
domain). .

I also think that anonymous feedback is still a good idea. Maybe only for
authenticated emails (with aligned SPF/DKIM)? Gives ESPs a reason to (force
customers to) authenticate in line with DMARC.

Yours,

David

On 21 November 2017 at 09:25, Benjamin BILLON via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I come to confirm the interest of the community in this question (was:
> "Does JMRP provide all or almost all the complaints through FBL as
> disclosed in the Live Postmaster page?").
>
> @Michael> we understand this topic could be out of your direct scope and
> we deeply appreciate every efforts you do to put the case on the right desk.
> I'm discussing (through tickets) with the SNDS Support these days, and we
> see discrepancy on Complaints numbers between what we receive from SNDS,
> what Microsoft sees internally, and the FBL we receive (respectively 29, 1
> and 3, for a given IP in a given time range).
> The other weirdness is that with these (objectively low) numbers, the
> messages get a BCL of 8.
>
> Also, I'm sure that any sender participating in this mailing-list would
> gladly provide his help and data if it can help anyone at Microsoft, so let
> us know!
>
> Cheers,
> --
> <https://www.splio.com>
> Benjamin

>> On 2 Nov 2017, at 12:24, Michael Wise via mailop wrote:
>>
>> Apologies for the delay.
>>
>> No apologies required. Instead, thank you again for your assistance!
>>
>> -lem

My opinion is mine.