My point is that -all is policy, and most people ignore the policy portions
of SPF because it completely fails a lot of forwarding cases.

-all is asking receivers to reject mail that doesn't pass.

~all isn't policy.

In practice, very few receivers implement SPF policy (except -all by itself
for domains which don't send mail as a special case).

Maybe there are some smaller receivers who will pay attention to it, but
you're almost certainly going to get more false positives from them than
real positives.  And you won't even notice.

If you want policy, use DMARC, it's what it's there for, and these things
are considered.  As much as DMARC rightly gets pushback for the parts of
forwarding it fails at, it's definitely more useful for policy goals, and
has much wider adoption.

DKIM, for example, explicitly says that a DKIM fail means nothing.  Which
doesn't prevent folks from rejecting messages with broken DKIM signatures,
probably the same folks who follow
-all.

Brandon