You're not wrong. I would only say say that perhaps this makes -all
harmless versus something one truly needs to worry about or avoid.

There's a lot of past, quite possibly bogus, guidance where we were
all pushed as ESP senders to implement -all, given the impression that
once upon a time it provided an indirect deliverability boost in some
places. Inertia is strong.

I still personally want -all for myself, because I think there are
possibly a lot of third or fourth tier smaller ISPs, and hobbyists,
and non-US ISPs, that perhaps have SPF support but aren't there with
DMARC yet.

Cheers,
Al Iverson