Some thingS are, but solely complaining here is not going to help them solve
their (various) issues.

> 452 4.5.3 Recipients belong to multiple regions ATTR38
> [CO1NAM03FT062.eop-NAM03.prod.protection.outlook.com]
Given the reply, I'd say it's related to the fact they have distinct nodes /
regions, and that's a big oopsie.
For O365, although not convenient, I understand the principle of having
multiple tenants. (Who wants to use a single, integrated collaborative system
for all worldwide offices, anyway? Yes, it is said in a sarcastic way)
For Hotmail, which is by essence a "global" service, it would lead to this kind
of issues indeed

--
Benjamin