On 2018-02-06 16:34, Laura Atkins wrote:
Putting a URL in a List-Unsubscribe header is an entirely reasonable
thing to do, and lots of ESPs do it.

Lots of non-ESPs do it, too.

Heck, I do it for virtually all automated messages, even on some internal stuff, basically anything that is automated results in the header being added at the MTA level.

Sometimes someone wanted notifications at one point and now they don't care, why not make it easy? If it's a true list, it'll get unsubscribed automatically but if it's not (e.g. "WordPress was just updated", you received a fax, etc), I'll see the unsubscribe request and talk to the user to figure out what they actually wanted to change and assist.