> On Mar 7, 2018, at 4:38 PM, Stefano Bagnara <mai...@bago.org> wrote:
>
> Let's take into consideration that spamtrap network have to do their
> homework to avoid being identified easily, so if they never do
> opens/clicks they already put a big flash on them. So I think it is OK
> for a spamtrap to open/click or even reply to an email, but it is
> important that the email address has been in a "user unknown" state
> for at least 1 year (or something similar).

No. Never. If you do that then the address is tainted and you
*cannot* legitimately use information as it as evidence that mail
sent to it was unwanted. You can still use it for quite a few
interesting things, but you can't use it as a spamtrap (unless
you want to spend another year rejecting everything).

I talked about this at some length about six and a half
years ago. It wasn't a new problem then.

https://wordtothewise.com/2011/08/a-disturbing-trend/

Cheers,
  Steve