On 6/11/2018 4:23 PM, Michael Wise via mailop wrote:

Back in the day ... I'd be inclined to not accept mail from something HELOing
with an IP literal where the connecting IP was not on our local network.

An excuse can be made for a mail client.
An actual mail server doing this doesn't belong on the Internet until they buy
a clue.

IMHO only, of course.

You're not the only one who thinks along those lines. I'm glad by default exim does sanity checking of the HELO/EHLO responses. Does a good job in on itself blocking bots.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org