On Wed, 20 Jun 2018 at 09:20, Philip Paeps <phi...@trouble.is> wrote:
> A disturbing number of "ordinary people" (who don't live in SMTP land)
> also believe that + is an "invalid character" in email addresses.

I have found a LOT of inboxes unable to redirect email to an address
that uses a "+" while being happy to redirect to a "-" address.

I used to collect email from various inboxes via "redirect" and I
wanted to redirect to a +tagged target inbox and failed to do that for
multiple inboxes, while they happily accepted a -tagged target.

IIRC at least the CriticalPath(OpenWave/Memova) "customers" have this
issue (in Italy we have major providers using their software): I don't
know if there is a "reason" for this, or simply a bug. You can write
an email to a "+" recipient, but you can't have a redirect rule to a
"+" recipient.

Stefano