Hi Emre,

My 5xx bounce rate is around 0.2% for these domains. The domains have not
gone inactive. Some spam filters reply with such 5xx errors to fend off
spam. I haven't seen that @orange yet (but a large Belgium provider does it
infrequently).

@Philip (and Mathieu): The point that Emre is making is:
- You send to e.g. a 1000 recipients one week. These recipients download
images and click on links (e.g. 40% open rate and 5% click rate).
Conclusion: Recipients are real and active.
- The next week *all* these recipients suddenly bounce and are deactivated
on his lists due to a "550 5.1.1 Adresse d au moins un destinataire
invalide. Invalid recipient. OFR_416 [416]"... Across all customers.

That is not how normal recipients, people, stop using their email accounts.
Not at such rates. Some other process is going on. One would like to find
out what happened. He is asking himself if the domain has gone out of
business (which is not the case).

Yours,

David

On 5 July 2018 at 13:51, Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> For a 1990s throwback, here is the website for xmailserver
>
> http://www.xmailserver.org/
>
> On 05/07/18, 4:56 PM, "mailop on behalf of Benoit Panizzon" <
> mailop-boun...@mailop.org on behalf of benoit.paniz...@imp.ch> wrote:
>
>     Hi Erme
>
>     I've seen similar problems with ISP using, as I recall, something
>     sounding like 'xmailserver' as SMTP Server.
>
>     That Server has a very serious bug, instead of rejecting invalid
>     recipients during the 'rcpt to' handshake, it does this after 'data'
>     has been initiated by issuing a human readable message telling what
>     recipient was invalid.
>
>     This of course breaks all mailing lists or newsletter tools which send
>     emails to as many recipients as possible to lower resource consumption.
>
>     If one destination address becomes invalid, this leads to mass
>     unsubscription of valid email addresses on tools like mailman.
>
>     So Maybe France Telecom switched to such a mailserver?
>
>     Mit freundlichen Grüssen
>
>     -Benoît Panizzon-
>     --
>     I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden

My opinion is mine.