Keep in mind that "no human will likely ever read..." does not mean that the mailbox is ignored. At this scale abuse handling is automated in one fashion or another.

I have no knowledge of what specifically Microsoft is doing.

On 2018-07-12 14:28, Eric Tykwinski wrote:
I really hope your wrong, since it's in their FAQs.
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Deal-with-abuse-phishing-or-spoofing-in-Outlook-com-0d882ea5-eedc-4bed-aebc-079ffa1105a3

Reporting abuse

     If you're being threatened, call your local law enforcement.

     To report harassment, impersonation, child exploitation, child
pornography, or other illegal activities received via an Outlook.com account,
forward the offending email as an attachment to ab...@outlook.com. Include any
relevant info, such as the number of times you've received messages from the
account and the relationship, if any, between you and the sender.

I never rely on just emailing standards since I've noticed more and more form
submittals, so I usually search first.

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.